Watermelon Basil Elixir
Makes 4 cups
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- Juice and rind of ½ a lime
- 20 basil leaves or 2 large sprigs (use variegated basil for a more beautiful elixir)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 4 cups water
- In a quart-size jar, layer all of the ingredients starting with the watermelon, then fill the jar with water.
- Seal the jar and let sit in the refrigerator anywhere from 3 to 24 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, pour the liquid into a glass, leaving the solid ingredients in the jar.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 2 days