Chicken Bruschetta Zoodles
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 zucchini, spiralized (about 5-6 cups)
- 2 cups organic diced Roma tomatoes (about 5 tomatoes)
- Olive oil spray -or-
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (separated)
- 8 basil leaves, chopped finely
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 Tablespoon apple cider or coconut vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon roasted pine nuts (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat an oven safe pan or skillet on med/high heat for two minutes. Add olive oil spray to pan (enough to coat pan) .
- Cook chicken until golden brown (five minutes or so) turning heat down if needed. Place pan in oven. Cook for 25-30 minutes depending on size of breasts.
- If using grill method: Place breasts skin side down onto preheated grill. Cook for ten minutes, turn breasts skin side up and cook for 15 minutes (or more if using larger breasts.)
While chicken cooks, make bruschetta topping and zoodles:
- Add tomatoes to a bowl, drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with 2 pinches sea salt/pepper, stir in garlic and basil. Add vinegar of choice. Stir and set aside
- Make spiralized zucchini.
- Just before chicken is done, place large pan on medium heat for 2 minutes. When pan is hot, add enough olive oil (OR Spray with olive oil) to coat bottom of pan.
- Add zucchini and heat, tossing for 2-3 minutes (just long enough to heat them up. If you cook them too long they will get soggy)
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Plate zucchini.
- When chicken is done remove from grill or oven, set on zucchini and top with tomatoes, garnish with pine nuts and serve!-Makes 4 servings